A & D Counsellor at Britannia Community Centre
Goals / Purpose of Program
The main goals of the UNYA Alcohol and Drug Counsellor at the Britannia Community Centre are to provide alcohol and drug prevention programming for youth ages 13-24, and to provide support and referrals to those youth who are wanting to create positive change in their lives.
This program is delivered in partnership with the Britannia Community Centre.
The A & D Counsellor works to ensure that youth feel safe to talk about and explore issues of alcohol and drugs, and can access a wide range of supportive A & D services in the community. The A & D Counsellor also facilitates workshops and other activities where youth can educate themselves and others.
Workshop topics may include how to cope with different problems and issues that youth encounter in life, positive problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
How Youth Can Become Involved
- Youth (ages 13-24 years) can contact the A & D Counsellor for more information at any time.
- Family and community members can also refer a youth to the A & D Counsellor
- Youth and/or their families who are willing to work towards positive personal change to enhance youth's opportunities
- Youth who want to be connected to A & D resources in the community
- Youth who are interested in alcohol and drug related counselling services
- Youth who are interested in educational workshops about the effects and dependencies of alcohol and drugs in the community
Due to the type of programming and concerns for youth safety, there are no volunteer opportunities for this program at this time.
Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
How to contact us:
1618 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V5L 1S6
Phone: (604) 785-7011 Fax: (604) 254-7811